Friday, September 7, 2012

Saint Francis Altarpiece.

        This artwork"Saint Francis Altarpiece," was created by Bonaventura Berlinghieri in San Francesco Italy in 1235. It was made out of tempera paints on a piece of wood. This Italo-Byzantine style is related to the Medieval ages.
         I don't necessarily adore this art work, but it certainly stands out to be interesting to me because i never seen anything like it, and it makes me wonder if this is an imitation of the famous painting of Jesus which happens to be very popular. I see this man dressed in a black robe with his hand in a stance a little bit like Jesus in his painting, and the circle behind him might also be like halo. This is an artwork I would like to know better details and meanings behind it from experts.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment